Nissan 350 Z

Yeah, I know it’s cliche, but here’s a nissan 350 Z. Just to brush up on my modeling.

Just wondering if I’m doing the right thing here.

For those who haven’t seen one:

Attachments

looks really cool, just the spots for the headlights look kinda wide, especially the bottom part of it, but that’s just me.

cool!, lets see more :slight_smile:

I can’t wait until you apply some textures to this bad boy. Looking good so far.

nice, how did you render the wires like that? could you point me to a tutorial or something?

wow! Didn’t expect that kind of feedback.

@hitechboy722:For that wire tutorial (which I found yesterday)-http://www.blendernewbies.com/tutorials/video/solid_wireframes/bn_solwire.zip
Gotta download it (video tutorial). Most of the time he talks, but you can skip around until he actually talks about the technique.

By the way, hitechboy I was looking at your Mazda RX8, it’s very smooth! Are you using subsurf? I am having problems with the geometry showing up in the render, if you look close to the one on the left.

yup, i used level 3 subsurf, remember
edges close together = sharper
edges further apart = smoother
use edgeloops for sharper edges (Ctrl + R).

just warning you ahead of time, i can see that if you apply subsurf to your model now your head lights will turn a more circular shape :-(. Now select the all the edges around the inside of the head light (Alt + Click) then extrude-scale (E button followed by S button) and aim for about 0.75 scale.

Unfortunately i’m on dial up, so videos drive me crazy :-). but thanks i’ll just have to be patient and wait for it to download.
Good luck. And thanks for checking my WIP

hey hitechboy-could you let me in on the secret of the mirrors? I’m having a lot of trouble with them, and can’t find the right topology for them.

Thanks

A Somewhat pathetic update. Been studying pictures and looking at Rogper’s Opel GT thread.

Attachments

hi… some corrections to do in you body…
look to my 350z and correct them :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

hey josearaujo, that’s a nice model!

But i’ve abandoned this thread, and somewhat have abandoned the model. I’m not into serious modeling much at all anymore, just simple stuff and animation :slight_smile:

But thanks for the comment xD!