NITROX3D: A new hard surface workflow for designers

Hi Chipp,
Thank you for this great modelling approach.
I followed you with ease but had two issue. You skiped the boolean part and now i have a gap in my model :frowning:

Screenshot6849a35
How do we close this gap?

2 issue is you mentioned that you stop the bevel at the cutout hwo do we do that?

Mybad :blush: i fixed it. forgot to uncheck clamp overlap

Yes, and your Speedflow thread is there to promote your branding. I’m sure you wouldn’t want all of the other addons including mine posting our branded messaging over there. All I ask is basic courtesy, pitiwazou.

I’ve mentioned your product several times favorably here and on videos. That is polite of me. I’ve asked you to respect my wishes and not promote your brand on my thread. Please accomodate my wishes. Thanks.

1 Like

Can you share your model?

Ok ok, my bad!

By the way, you can come on Speedflow thread and talk about kitops, we can make assets with Speedflow and add them to kitops, could be nice, since the workflow is the same.
Every addons/workflow must be compatible for everyones.

Thanks for the invitation. Do you have a copy of KIT OPS PRO? If not, send me a PM and I’ll get you one.

No need, if I want an addon, I support the dev, I’ll buy one!

1 Like

Concerning your tutorial, you need to add support edges for booleans.

To avoid this bad result that will deform the bevels.

Me too. I’ve already bought your addon :slight_smile: Now I just need to install it, which I will do after I finish my NITROX3D series.

Yes, but only if they are needed. In this case they were not. That’s why I asked to see the model. I show that in an upcoming tutorial.

Ok, we will see that on the next tutorial :wink:

In some case it’s ok

But I prefer to have something correct, it’s easier to finilize the mesh after IMO.

And cleaner.

3 Likes

Pardon, but why can’t you do that in Blender? I’ve never found the whole metaballs modeling thing very appealing (just not how my mind works), but they do exist in Blender, as do NURBS. I don’t see anything impossible to make with metaballs in those images. What am I missing?

But it’s not possible to edit edges or vertices unless you apply the modifiers which i don’t want to to keep it editable.

Also i fixed the model, it was my bad for using clamp on bevel modifier.

You need to be able to do booleans with metaballs. Currently you can’t.

You can go in and subdivide a base mesh and keep all the the modifiers for it. See the first video and the Sony product.

1 Like

Thanks for these videos and this thread. I’m learning a lot.

With the metaballs from blender you can subtract if needed ( Negative )
would be nice if you can combine it with your workflow ideas :grinning:

1 Like

Nitrox3D is a great concept. But I wonder… is it something that others can share through tutorials or it’s some “exclusive” thing?

Not exclusive at all. It’s just a name that I use to talk abour my workflow.

3 Likes

I should’ve said subtract and stay Non-Destructive so you can still move them around, reshape them adjust their weighting, like you can do with poly objects.

1 Like

Hello Chipp, I´m an Industrial Designer too and Blender is my main Software for presentation. I was just watching your videos and the idea of NITROX3D is awesome, also while I was watching your 2nd video of nitrox I noticed the tons of things that can be made with the workflow, but i also wondered if its possible to use this workflow for somekind of knurling effect on cilindrical or even curved surfaces, as i was working on decorative models with a knurled effect to be able to control the sizes and resolution would be awesome, please tell me if you have some advise.

I was experimenting with knurling just with poly moddelling.