No CUDA or OpenCL

Hi,
First of all im bad in English.
My specs :
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
RAM : 16Go
GPU : Asus RTX 2060
HDD : 2x1 To (1st for windows and everything, 2nd only for the games)
Mb : MSI B450m pro-VDH max

So i come to you today because i have an issue with my Blender 2.93.5

I recently get an RTX 2060 and install (clean) latest Nvidia drivers (472.12) but then in Blender when i put Cycle/GPU Compute it stay grey and in settings/system neither in CUDA or OpenCL my graphic card appears.

In GPU-Z, CUDA and OpenCL are not checked (PhysX too) and in task manager i cant select CUDA (because there is no CUDA) instead of 3D for exemple.

This issue appears recently because i have used my new gpu in Blender with no problem and suddenly i cant anymore.

You use Display Driver Uninstaller to try to make a complete cleaning of old drivers, then install Studio nvidia driver by selecting option to make a clean installation.

If GPU-Z continues to indicate computation features disabled, then repeat the cleaning steps and uninstallation of the driver and you try with an earlier version of the nvidia driver different to 472.12.

Thanks for your reply
I did twice with DDU.
Im currently installing Visual Studio and CUDA Toolkit to see then if it didnt work ill try to install an earlier version of the Nvidia driver.

So far i did reinstall clean twice the drivers with different versions (i tried game ready and studio drivers), i cleaned the register with SFC and DISM just in case, i reinstalled Blender and it still doesnt work “No compatible GPUs found for path tracing”

I runed the blender_debug_gpu.cmd and got this : (i cant copy files)

I1011 01:10:03.151309 7220 blender_python.cpp:195] Debug flags initialized to:
CPU flags:
AVX2 : True
AVX : True
SSE4.1 : True
SSE3 : True
SSE2 : True
BVH layout : EMBREE
Split : False
CUDA flags:
Adaptive Compile : False
OptiX flags:
CUDA streams : 1
OpenCL flags:
Device type : ALL
Debug : False
Memory limit : 0
I1011 01:10:03.427224 7220 device_opencl.cpp:48] CLEW initialization succeeded.
OpenCL error: CL_PLATFORM_NOT_FOUND_KHR in device_opencl_get_num_platforms_safe(&num_platforms) (C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v293\blender.git\intern\cycles\device\device_opencl.cpp:147)
I1011 01:10:03.441236 7220 device_cuda.cpp:41] CUEW initialization succeeded
I1011 01:10:03.441236 7220 device_cuda.cpp:43] Found precompiled kernels
Switching to fully guarded memory allocator.
Blender 2.93.5
Build: 2021-10-06 06:44:49 Windows release
argv[0] = C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\blender
argv[1] = --debug
argv[2] = --debug-gpu
argv[3] = --debug-cycles
argv[4] = --python-expr
argv[5] = import bpy; bpy.ops.wm.sysinfo(filepath=r’C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\blender\debug_logs\blender_system_info.txt’)
Read prefs: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\config\userpref.blend
read file
Version 293 sub 18 date 2021-04-16 16:00 hash 463b38b0e0b0
Saved session recovery to ‘C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\quit.blend’
Writing userprefs: ‘C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\config\userpref.blend’ ok

Blender quit
Press any key to exit . . .

You could create a report on the bug tracker and share that information. But this is almost certainly a problem with your OS installation or your hardware. You imagine that if this were a general problem there would be many people complaining about this.

Do you have the possibility to try another OS installation? (this to make sure it is your current windows installation problem and not due to hardware problem)
Maybe a Linux distro in live mode? PopOS! includes a version with nvidia drivers that you can test in live mode if you burn the image to a DVD or USB memory stick. Then starting PopOS! in live mode, you download official blender for linux, you unpack the package to a folder, and there inside the folder you run “blender” file (double click on file in the file browser)

For now i plan to reinstall completly windows, hoping its not an hardware problem

Is the Nvidia card the only video card in the system, or is your monitor running on a different interface?

Im using only one GPU on one monitor.
But, i just wipped my drive and reinstalled Windows, after reintalling evreythings it work again, so it was a windows/software issue not hardware.

1 Like