No GPU Rendering on Mac Pro 1,1 (2.66Ghz) and Nvidia GTX-570

Hi all,

Just getting started here so I hope I’m posting in the correct forum. I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to get my original dual-core 2.66Ghz Mac Pro to work properly with an Nvidia GTX 570. Everything seems to be set up correctly according to everything I’ve read so I’m hoping one of you smart folks will spot something that I’ve missed!

I’ve tried several different builds of Blender with essentially the same results. When I switch to GPU rendering and try to render a scene (default cube, or something more complex) I get the following error and a blank render window:

CUDA error at cuModuleLoad: Invalid Kernel Image

Here’s my system configuration:

2006/2007 Original Mac Pro 1,1 Dual-core 2.66Ghz
Full original specs here: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-quad-2.66-specs.html

8GB RAM
Fresh install of OS X Lion 10.7.5

EVGA Nvidia GTX-570 Superclocked 1280MB

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1280 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1086
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0

I’m using CUDA Driver version 5.5.28.

I’ve read and followed the directions for Macs on Nvidia’s CUDA tools page. I did get a compile error when trying to build the entire suite of CUDA demo applications at once, but I was able to compile several of them one-at-a-time and the tests report a PASS status for everything.

I’ve tried a bunch of other things, but I think this is most of the relevant info. Very grateful for any help figuring this out. Thanks!!

Gawain