Apparently what is not allowed is distributing as part of the package an -unmodified- texture coming from CGTexture, so if you have modified the image you downloaded from CGTexture (resize, rework, etc…) this should not affect your blendswap upload :
As in the CGTexture license
Use of the Textures is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Private or commercial use
- Use in 2D or 3D computer graphics, movies and printed media
- Incorporation in computer games, 3D models
- Selling 3D models bundled with modified versions of the textures, when the texture is customized for the 3D model
It is NOT permitted to:
- Sell or distribute any of these textures in an unmodified form, or where the derived product you are selling or distributing is a Texture or a collection of Textures. IN OTHER WORDS: Do not sell or distribute any of these textures (modified or not) by itself or in a texture, material, clipart, website theme or scrapbooking pack!
But from the CGTextures the FAQ, you need to add something to credit CGTextures when you use a texture that is a modification of an image found on their website.
When selling or redistributing a 3D model bundled with textures from CGTextures please add the following text in the documentation accompanying the model:
“One or more textures on this 3D model have been created with images from CGTextures.com. These images may not be redistributed by default, please visit www.cgtextures.com for more information.”
So as long as :
-your texture is packed in the .blend, so it’s not considered as distributing the texture standalone
-your texture is a modified version of the original CGTextures image you downloade
-you are creditting CGTextures according to what they mention
You and Blendswap should have no problem.