No-python car suspension

Wau, amazing . I tried to make A and D left right but car start uncontrolable bouncing :smiley: so I set back mouse movement. I think there is some bug in BGE 2.79 because when I set animation keys on emit on material it works well but after some time it not work anymore until I review it in material settings by slider… on speedometer. well turn left or righ by mouse isnt very happy but better than nothing.
I also tried make brakes but it not work… when I set torque on 000.2 still car is moving…

1 Like

Ok, try this one; I made it for “a” and “d”. I added brakes as well (using space bar). I adjusted the spring tension a bit, and added logic bricks to make the springs more tense when “a” or “d” is pressed. The suspension and brakes aren’t really amazing, but I think they’re passable. Tell me what you think!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfJZ9BkBh2yxnJmrNIXluhlCRSllUA-y/view?usp=sharing
Just play around with the spring tension and vehicle mass, and maybe you’ll find a combination that you like.
Oh, I thought you might like to know that the torque value in the motion actuator only adds a force, it doesn’t set the torque. So when you set torque to 000.2, it didn’t set the torque to 000.2, it only added a torque force of 000.2. This amount of force is to small to do much, so it that’s why it didn’t do anything.
If you have any more questions or anything, please ask!! :smiley:

I actually just improved the brakes. Select the front wheels, and in the last motion actuator (the one connected to the keyboard.space bar sensor), set the linear velocity on the x axis to zero (do this to both front tires). Then set the angular velocity on the z axis to -0.1 on the left wheel, and 0.1 on the right wheel. Also, set the angular velocity to local (by pressing the L); I forgot to do that here.
brake change
Hope that helps!!

1 Like

Amazing :slight_smile: I also tried that myself. but I don’t get why I can’t do that. I also tried to make moveable wheels on the car, but I only achieve to make them spin but no actual move forward or backward… once it looks nice and then my car ended like lowrider in GTA San Andreas :smiley: bounce from front wheels :smiley: Thank You

1 Like

:smiley: Glad to help! Hopefully, things get to going better on your project!! I’ve been working on vehicle physics without script a lot, and never really found a super realistic looking way to do it. I hope you find the secret!