no sound in the video sequence editor in 2.53

I’ve imported a fewvideos from my camera in to blender the video plays but there’s no sound at all so imported wav. Files from my cakewalk music program and I’m getting no sound from those either. is there something I’m forgetting to do,:confused: or is this a bug. If it is a bug I hope it’s easily fixable and that audio and video can stay synced up in this version because I plan on trying to do a few music videos with it.:smiley:

Please tell me your system specs.

I have an MSI motherboardan Intel core2 quad CPU running at 2.3 MHz, 2 GB of DDR2 RAM, and NVIDIA 9800 GT graphics card and a personus fire studio project which is a professional grade sound card. I’ve had no problems with the previous bilds of blender 2.48 and 2.49 this is the first time I’ve tried it in a 2.5 version. is it just a setting that I’m missing.

Well, I most of all wanted to know your operating system and the architecture of it (32/64 bit)…

Anyway have you had a look at the audio settings (user preferences -> system)?

Are you getting a green sequence strip? I’m finding certain movies were dropping the audio and just importing video.

However you have Nexyon here, the blender audio developer so answers are at you fingertips. :slight_smile:

Cheers Nexyon for all your work on vastly improving the audio system in Blender. :slight_smile:

It’s working nowI went to preferences in system toggle the sound off and then on again and it works my operating system is vista 64-bit I thought it would have to be something simple because it worked on the earlier versions, thank you for your help