Nobody seems to ask this, but: How can you get the Add Tree tab back?

This is something I absolutely CANNOT find the solution to online. :confused:
So this is the Add Tree tab for the sapling add-on:

It’s found in the Toolbar the instant you add the tree curve. However, when you switch to Edit mode or do something else that involves the tab, it disappears. I can’t find it again, nor can I find a shortcut that opens it. The features, like the number of leaves or branches, can never be edited again (as far as I know) without that tab.

The same goes for adding other meshes and curves. Is there a way to open the toolbar’s Add Tree tab once it’s closed?

Nobody seems to ask this
yes they do. Your exact question has been asked many many times with the same answer

I can’t find it again, nor can I find a shortcut that opens it.
Stop looking, you’re wasting your time. As when you add any new objects, the options are only available when you add the object. Do any other action and they are gone forever.
If you want to make further changes, save it as a preset, delete the original and reload the tree preset

In any case, there’s no reason to enter Edit mode on a Sapling tree until you’re done playing with all those settings. Sapling includes tabs for dozens of different settings to let you tweak every detail of your tree until you’re happy with it. I don’t think I’ve ever done a single thing in edit mode with a Sapling-generated tree, except maybe to UV unwrap one after converting it to a mesh. And after converting the curves to meshes, there would be no way for the Sapling addon panel to do anything anyway.

save it as a preset, delete the original and reload the tree preset

How do you that?? does it work with for example circles as well??

No, it doesn’t work for circles because the add circle tab on the toolbar has no preset option.

My concern wasn’t that I’d go into edit mode . . . rather, that I’d press A by accident or translate the mesh. And the export-mesh thing isn’t working at all: (I get this error message)