Nodevember22 Prompt 5: Extraterrestrial Relic; Equisetum arvense

Nodevember22 Prompt 5: Extraterrestrial Relic; Equisetum arvense ; Horsetail

Equisetum is a ‘living fossil’, the only living genus of the entire subclass ‘Equisetidae’, which for over 100 million years was much more diverse and dominated the understorey of late Paleozoic forests.
(Quote Wikipedia)

Also the Spore-bearing shoots( Strobilus) look pretty spacey; ( didn’t had time to make them yet)

Here’s a Turntable: (sorry camera could be smoother)
https://twitter.com/Pleebs_xyz/status/1591123977358888960

This time I am especially proud of my nice and tidy Nodetree.
Although it isn’t the most spectacular looking plant, i learned a lot.
Finally got to really use ‘duplicate elements’ ! great for controlling the ‘leaf’ count per point.
powerfull node, should/gonna use it more often.

Cheers, and happy noding!
pleebs

10 Likes

I love horsetail. I have a friend with a bunch of horsetail growing on his property, and he was talking about how he was going to let it grow, but he could kill it off if he wanted to. I just laughed at him. Horsetail outlived the dinosaurs, you think you can just kill it off?

It makes a nice addition to herbal shampoo also.

2 Likes

Lovely little anecdote! :smiley:
I am on your Side, it grows it’s rhizoms straight down for at least 2 meters.
There usually a Indicator-plant for compressed soils / stagnant moisture.
So without drastically changing the soil. it’s almost impossible to get rid off.

And i really don’t want to! i just harvest it to make a stinky brew , for watering tomatoes and wine.
Because it has excellent anti-fungal -properties, and helps to keep the tomatoes healthy longer. :slight_smile: :tomato:

Didn’t knew about shampoo, interesting!

2 Likes

I’m quite fond of your clever interpretations of the prompts. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:
I’ll do my best! thb the biggest difficulty about it, isn’t even finding a plant which might fit the prompt somehow, but finding one i can create in 2 days. So i am avoiding whole groups of plants which are to complex. But i also wanna challenge myself with something new. :slight_smile:
Might need to go a bit into overtime, which is fine under these circumstances i guess.

2 Likes

Keeps f*cking up my garden.

looks real!

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks!
Not so much you can do about it. But it isn’t much of a concurrence to most other plants, as it draws deeper water. so it’s not that bad imo. :wink: