Noob Q - How do you import an image to use for a reference?

How do you import an image to use for a reference for modelling? :frowning: Ty

At the bottom of the 3d window is a menu, do a View->Background Image. Note that each 3D view you create can have a different background image. Note that the image is only visible when you are looking exactly in one of the orthographic views (top, side, Front).

GreyBeard

Thanks! :smiley:

yeah too bad…we really need to get this to work in all viewings, maybe some sort of “Image primitive” for displaying referenceimages and that can be locked so they can’t be editied during model session…

a great idea for feature suggestion, and since I am often close to the coders I can ask some of them if they are up to it or interested, I have myself wanted this for long…Wings3D has it…but not Blender too bad, but in current CVS Blender has a totally new way how to model, true face/edge/vertex - selection, you can read about it here:

http://blender3d.com/cms/Mesh_editing_rewrite.425.0.html

so update your CVS for the sourcecode and start compiling, or head over to “Test builds” forum at www.blender.org

try it! we need beta testing and bug hunting!

:slight_smile:

truly yours,
moderator @ elysiun,
ztonzy

yeah too bad…we really need to get this to work in all viewings, maybe some sort of “Image primitive” for displaying referenceimages and that can be locked so they can’t be editied during model session…

I personally prefer the way that it is now. That way when I’m using the image as a guide I’m certain that I’m not in a distorted view. Please don’t ask to have the existing way removed in your new feature suggestion.

GreyBeard