Noob quesions about blender with XPS xnalara

currently using using version 2.79b, i could switch to 2.80 but i didnt like the interface as its even more confusing the 2.7x

I tried looking for tutorials, but its being super frustrating as i can’t find an answer as tutorials are for the older versions of blender, and blenders interface is really confusing to me?!

1. After i imported a xps model, how do i export the FULL model - with pose, texture and all?

if i export the model all i get is a single .xps file and nothing else (no textures, bump map, nothing else) so of course if i load that into xnalara i get a white textureless model

1. How do i add “camera pivot” points in blender?

1. also how can i create (this blue image) and add these bump maps in blender?
    https://i.redd.it/7bzi6k2wlip31.png

many thanks!

1. Well, in that .xps file there is the pure geometry. Textures have to be applied seperatly. You have to figure out, where they live within that other toy. For poses etc. you can try to use .fbx format. Although I don’t know if that XNALara thing supports that. I won’t do the research.

2. I believe those are points controlling, where the viewport is rotating around? You can emulate something like this, with a camera constrained to track an particular object e. g. an empty where you want the pivot to be. You might also want to check out ‘Rotate around selection’ in the preferences.

3. Do you want to create one or apply one? Well, first of all, that’s a normal map no bump map.
    To create one search for normal baking. For applying one look into UV unwrapping and normal mapping. You should find plenty of material for 2.79. That’s pretty basic stuff.

1 Like

Make sure that the Textures and XPS file are all in the same directory…when you import the XPS file then like @chalybeum said you have to apply the textures manually using the node editor…the textures should be loaded, but they just don’t get applied, as 2.79 doesn’t know if you are going to use ( Note: if you turn on Blender render and change to Material Mode you should see the textures applied… but in Cycles there are no nodes yet)
Camera rotation …select the Bone( whatever part ) and then select Pivot Point> Active Element ( it’s right next to your viewport shading button).

Once you have a character loaded…select the POSE in your Scene window and then go back to import>xna>xna-pose and go to where you have them…

1 Like

thanks for answers.
Unfortunately that seems overly complicated to me, i still dont have a clue how to export the model correctly, and how to do what i need :frowning:

guess i will just give up

thanks really

Hi, Casper. I saw your post when I was searching for solution to the same question you had in regards to getting the texture onto the model.

Before anything else, you must have the Blender XPS addon plugin installed.Xnalara Mesh plugin. Get the right version for your blender version.

After you’ve imported the .xps model rig into your blender, then go into the Shader Editor. Then select the materials you want to set the shader nodes for rendering. Each part of the model will have a material. For example, the eyes will have a material, the hair will have a material. Each material will have corresponding shader nodes that determine how the image texture will be uv unwrapped or applied to your polygon model. Example, the eyes will have a set up of Texture Coordinate node >Mapping node>Diffuse Image Texture node> Principled BSDF shader node> Material Output node. The “>” means link. It’s how blender knows how to do the proper set up and how to apply texture appearance to an otherwise bland solid polygon 3D model rig. Sometimes one part of the model will have more than 1 material. The eyes could have the eyeball material, the eye shadow material & the eye reflection material. All of these can be applied together to make the eyes look realistic.

Usually, most of the character .xps models ripped from games already have all the shading nodes set up correctly to all the corresponding parts of the model. Shirt texture will go to the shirt. Pants texture will go to the pants part of the model. But the eyes and hair would get tricky. As they would have multiply or transaparent aspects that requires you to make some adjustments yourself to the prelinked nodes set up. You’d have to adjust the transparent settings yourself to get the eyes and hair to show up correctly for rendering in blender.

Hope that helps.