Noob Question?

im sorry for these noobie quistions.

• how do you duplicate something (a mesh, a light) in blender… i havent found anything on wikibooks and it disturbs mee… :confused:

• is it possible to attach a lattice to only part of a mesh? i recon instead of selecting the hole thing, you just select the part yu need?

• is it important to have a textured model if u wanna sell it? ive got a really cool shaded look but i havent got the hang of uv and texture yet…
    btw the spiral thing is a throw star and you hold on the thing that is not pointy. :smiley:

Randivark

Attachments

-In object mode select the object you want to duplicate and hit Shift - D.

-Second question I can’t answer with any authority.

-Not necessarily but it does help to have a good texture.

The Ninja throwing star looks good.

• how do you duplicate something (a mesh, a light) in blender… i havent found anything on wikibooks and it disturbs mee…

Select what you want to duplicate and do shift-d.

• is it possible to attach a lattice to only part of a mesh? i recon instead of selecting the hole thing, you just select the part yu need?

Think this can be done by creating a vert group for the part you want affected by the lattice and entering the vert group in the Vertex Group field on the lattice modifier, but I’m just pulling that off the top of my head so I could be mistaken.

• is it important to have a textured model if u wanna sell it? ive got a really cool shaded look but i havent got the hang of uv and texture yet…

No idea. Probably depends somewhat on the model and the quality.

btw the spiral thing is a throw star and you hold on the thing that is not pointy.

What happens if the handle part hits the target’s forehead? A ninja is going to need a few backups in that case.

thnx… i got confused with the duplicate because their isnt any dublicate under file or anythig,…

i guess ill do without texturing the throw star thing

if the handle hits the guy in the head with the handle part it will stun him and then the ninja is already gone or ready for another throw. the chances are that the spikes will hit… about 4/5 …

well it doesnt matter because in a movie they allways hit with the spikes.:wink:

btw if i made a mesh and saved it, and then made a similar mesh for a collection in another file, how do i then get the mesh into another file with other meshes.

im thinking of some duplicate thing…

im making a collection of throwing stars and im gonna (soon) get them all together and putem on turbosquid.

U open a file,with any thing you want in the scene,then inorder to add an object press:
>file
>append
>select blend. file
>choose object.

Your object should be loaded into your seen.:wink:
If you need more help just send me a message.