Nooby Question :D

Well I searched on the forum for some answers…found alot of them…but here is the one that I need to ask. This one is very noobish. :smiley:

When I play an Ipo animation it loops no matter what the settings are. How can I make it stay still when it comes to one of the frames?

I just searched again and I almost got the answer but not really what I was looking for. Oh and also another very noobish question. How do you delete keyframes? :stuck_out_tongue:

The first question I don’t quite understand. I think there will be multiple answers to this question, it depends exactly what you mean.

The second question: Just delete them basically same way you do with other objects. Go to the IPO editor click on one one of the little colored boxed and hit ‘x’ or ‘delete’. (there’s other ways too, check the wiki).

You use an always sensor, right? That would be your problem. The always senser keeps telling the ipo actuator to play the animation, thus looping it. Use a different sensor, or deselect the first button that has ’ ’ ’ on it in the ‘always’ logic brick.

Set the IPO actuator to a property. So then you can control things frame by frame, by controlling the property.

It depends on what exactly you’re trying to do here.

I err never really used properties before. Though I have once made a timer, and when the property reaches the time the box moves. But umm ya thats not that special. Pretty much what I’m saying is I need a simple and small explanation of how this would work. Thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:

You should err…learn to.

Though I have once made a timer, and when the property reaches the time the box moves. But umm ya thats not that special.
Umm ya, actually it is. That concept of prop->frame control is what solves your problem.

Pretty much what I’m saying is I need a simple and small explanation of how this would work. Thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:
Once you set your IPO to an integer property, that property represents your IPO frames. So if you had an animation that starts at frame 1, and ends at frame 10, setting the property to any number between 1-10 would have the IPO show that exact frame.

The prop value essentially becomes the frame. So you play the animation by incrementing the property, and you stop at the specified frame by building the logic that dictates “if prop == stopframe: #don’t increment anymore”.

Umm ya, you err get that now?

Umm ya I err understand. Now I realize how useful properties can be :slight_smile: Thanks for your help.

^^^I’m sure this is your problem. Social’s advice is good, but I’m not sure it’s fantastically relevant in this case.

Always listen to Social, though. His advice is helpful, and his criticisms (though harsh) are usually valid.