so i have character head that iam working on and i have sculpted it and made a lo poly version of it but when i go and bake normal’s and go into making it just a texture and hit the geometry of it to get the normal map to show up it gets so distorted and i have know idea why or if there is another way of applying a normal map to a character?
Please check the following:
- Do all the face normals point in the right direction.
- Is both the highpoly sculpt and the lopoly version set to smooth shading.
- is the lopoly mesh properly unwrapped.
- Did you first select the high poly mesh and then shift-selected the low poly one.
- Is the baking distance properly set.
These were just the issues with normal baking I know from the top of my head. Could you maybe post some screens? Then I can be a little bit more specific.