Normal mapping nodes issue in 2.68

Hi, I’m kinda new to Blender. I’m using v2.68 and I’m trying to get normal mapping done using nodes. I’ve added a material and a basic image texture to a plane mesh. In the tutorial that I’ve been watching, he had added an image texture node and connected it with a Normal map node and connected it to the displacement input of the Material Input Node. The problem is that the nodes in my version Blender, looks nothing like the one in the tutorial. There is no normal map node first of all, only a normal and a normalize node. Plus in the composite node, there is no displacement input. So I just wanted to know if I have to do this using a displace modifier only, or if there is some way I can achieve this using the Node editor.

You haven’t switched rendering to Cycles most likely. Material settings - nodes are different for so called Blender Internal render and Cycles.
See dropdown on top of your screen.

Thanks, I’ve tried changing to cycles rendering as well. But still facing the same issue. Even the individual nodes looks different from a lot of the tutorials that I’ve seen.

Ensure you are using Material nodes.

Even the individual nodes looks different from a lot of the tutorials that I’ve seen.
Well show us then! Don’t keep it to yourself. What tutorial ? What version of blender are you using ? If not the latest version, why not ?

Thanks a lot, that did the trick. Mine was always set to composite nodes.