North American AT-6 Texan

Thank you all for the nice comments and the header selection. I really appreciate it.
I am still working some other renders in different paint schemes and will post as I get them done. Just need to find the time.
Also appreciate all the constructive feedback. All good comments.

I will post some replies to the specific requests soon. Thanks All!

@hanzo and @ irokrhus – Rough/quick wire renders attached.
@Witold – It’s not Peter, it is Jeff. Thanks for the nice comments!
@ookka – Again, thanks for the advice.
@SamusDrake and @digitalsimages – Yes, I have big interest in military aircraft. References were “T-6 Texan In Action” by Squadron/Signal Publications, many online photos, real aircraft, drawings, etc.
@Netroxen and @tc2466 – Agree it could use more weathering. Netroxen, Interesting effects you added there to the image.
@joseperez – the sky is actually a photo and I cannot take credit. Sky background courtesy of Przemyslaw “BlueShade” Idzkiewicz
May 22, 2005.@johnnygibbs – No animation in the near future. I am quite a NOOB at animation.
@nelsonj3 – Prop blur is from Cycles Vector Blur…very easy once I figured it out. Private message me if you need help.
@i.munteanu – Thanks for the header comments! Many more aircraft in my head I want to do…just finding the time is difficult. A thing we all share in common I suspect.
@magick.crow – I will check out the Blender Mag tut, Thanks!

What a beautiful Texan! Great job. I wouldn’t go overboard on the weathering for this particular aircraft though, as this was a postwar aircraft and the units had time to lavish care on their planes. Peacetime commanders often focus on the importance of the looks of their equipment as another inspection always seems to be just around the corner.

Here are a couple of pics of a T-6 in those colors that I saw at an airshow at Quonset Point NAS a few years back.

@felixdk - Thanks…those are awesome pics. I had not been able to find any other pics of this paint scheme other than 2 in the book by Squadron Signal Publications.

This video isn’t color, but it gives an idea of what this outfit did for a living. http://youtu.be/kyJOY1Sdx0s

Very cool and in-depth, Thanks.

Very nice work; really shows off what can be done with Blender.

wow, just…wow! Incredible job, and like everyone is saying, ESPECIALLY IN THE COCKPIT!!! Whew, I can only imagine how long this took you as a hobby to develop!! And a LOT of research I imagine!!

@KeithC and @PremiereManatee - Thanks…Blender is a great tool! Yes, lots of research and time.

Looks Great!

Very cool! :slight_smile:

@Snacko and @reminoir - Thanks much for your comments!

Love all the mechanical detail, I did a Spitfire a while back but it looked dreadful.