Nose and mouth

(lakcaj) #1

Hi. I tried my hand at organic modeling, and came up with the following image. I’m pretty happy with how it looks, but I tried to finish it and it looked awful, so I think this is as far as it will get. I just wanted to post a pic, and if anyone wants, I’ll post the .blend and you can do whatever you want with the model so far.

Attachments

(Gjevon) #2

Hey man,

why are yóu so disappointed, looks quite fine. Just keep blendering, at the moment i’am modelling a dragon, made so much mistakes, worked horus and hours and kicked it to the trash again, but i still continue. Don’t stop, would interest me to see the progress.
Would help you where i can

(code_astro) #3

I agree…keep it going…whats the worst that could happen?
experiment with your modeling and Im sure if you need help, people here would be willing to help.

(AndyD) #4

You’ve made the two most difficult parts of the face. The eyelids are the next most difficult. The ears are very complicated but they aren’t technically on the face so I won’t mention them :slight_smile:

What exactly did you try to do next that got you stumped?

I must admit though, I think it would be very difficult to reverse-model a face this way. I assume you have a lot of edges in those two features and all those edges are going to have to travel across and around the face. Is that what made it difficult?

(Sago) #5

I understand your problem. Because you didn’t use a box-modeling technic, at any point you can easily get stuck. What you have done so far looks great, and I think you would have a hard time getting the same result with box-modeling (every person just has his own favourite technic/approach).

Just keep on trying, with your own approach.

BTW
I kinda use the same technic (well… sort of), and I always have a problem finishing the back of a head:

(vidarino) #6

How about posting a close-up wireframe? Then it might be easier to suggest some solutions to what seems to be a common problem. (I suck at closing the back of the head as well.)