Not accidentally moving the 3D cursor

Is there either a way to lock the 3D cursor in place, or turn off the behaviour where it moves when you left click? I have been accidentally moving the 3D cursor for some four years now, and you know, it’s really starting to get on my tits. I see somebody asked the same question back in 2004 (http://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-33149.html) but maybe things have changed since then?

It’s taken you 4 years? You’re a more patient man than me then. I don’t think there is anything you can do to lock the 3d curser position.

Did i miss something but it annoys me if i start a manipulation action with the keyboard but the cursor still reacts to mouse movements. So annyway to restrict not only to dimension (axes) but also to input device - i mean temporarily. Dont blame it to a not so rigid desk or the mouse.

this setting is for blender 2.5 alpha

ok now go to user preferences.(i hope u know how to go there)
now select the INPUT tab, then in key configuration list select the small arrow in front of 3D view to expand it and also click on the edit button in front of it. Now tick off the box in front of 3dcursor. “presto !!! … the 3d cursor doesnt move”

this setting is for blender 2.5 alpha

ok now go to user preferences.(i hope u know how to go there)
now select the INPUT tab, then in key configuration list select the small arrow in front of 3D view to expand it and also click on the edit button in front of it. Now tick off the box in front of 3dcursor. “presto !!! … the 3d cursor doesnt move”

I don’t worry about it. I just use SHIFT-C to center it. And I use SHIFT-S to manipulate it. The 3D cursor is quite useful.