Not getting the same result as in the tutorial

I am confused. I have been following the linked tutorial precicely but i cant produce the same result. First of all, when i go into texture paint my cube turns pink. And when opening the proerties, my texture setup isnt just ready, i have to switch the mode to single image. Then i go down to texture like explained, and switch to stencil mode. Now remember Jayanam was using the look dev rendering, that doesnt work for me. When i start painting nothing happends. But when i switch Solid wiev it appears, but so does the texture projected on the cube in its original size. None of this happends in the tutorial!

Not getting the same result as in the tutorial

That would be my signature if we had them here, haha … whatever, seeing your object in texture mode in pink means you have no texture assigned to paint on.
To do that create a new image texture in the image editor in the texture paint workspace and then assign a material to your object. In the compositor/node editor plug in an image texture node and set the image texture you just created as the source.

1 Like

I know that, i use that setup when i do texture paitning. The reason i ask this question is because i want to figure out why Jayanam can do it this way while i cannot. You can say i am curious:)

It works the same way for him. He just didn’t record, or didn’t include that part in the video.

Sorry I misunderstood you, however I just followed what Jayanam did in the video and I didn’t need to switch to single image. My new stencil texture was already there in material mode but when I actually switched to single image my example object was pink now and I had to add the texture. Don’t ask me why, though :thinking:

You mean what he is showing is after preparing the scene with an image in the image editor , material setup in the shader editor with the saved iamge from the image editor and so on…?

Is this a sugestion or do you know this?

Did you follow the tutorial to the point?

I would think so but I can’t really tell since I didn’t use a pre-made material like the one from his other video he’s referring to. I just tested what he did on a simple cube up to about 1:00 of this video and here I’d say I did basically the same.

1 Like