Novice animation issue (slidding ladder)

Hello everyone,

I am very much new to Blender as I only started 2 weeks ago. I was able to do most of what I wanted through tutorial and other resources but I just got into a pickle and I can’t seem to find how to do it. I tried to find similar thread but without success.

I am working on an animation in which I have three object: 1 translating along the z axis, one translating following the x axis and one linked by pivot to the two others.

I tried through the transformation constraint and parenting but as the speed of the two translation are not constant and not the same at each position, it does not work. Anyone able to explain how this is doable ?

Thank you for your help

First of all “Welcome to BA!”

Secondly I assume you want your ladder to slide down the wall whilst sliding across the floor?

There are many ways to do this, always the case with Blender, so first off confirm that I got it right then I will get back to you tomorrow, I am seioudly kna… tired after a long trip abroad so tomorrow is good for me!!

Cheers, Clock :beers:

Thank you Clock ! hope you rested well this weekend after your trip

Yes I would like to have the ladder to slide down the wall whilst sliding across the floor. I would like the movement to be reversible as well.

Thanks again for the help