NP Station

add-ons
architecture

(mkbreuer) #61

Thank you Okavango!
This is perfect! The Golden Ratio rocks!
(Maybe in the future there will be also a default blender ruler with this function?)

The image shows the new ‘Golden Ratio’ in Point Distance:

(artisanicview) #62

Hi Okavango. I had some time to check your addon and I need to report an issue I have with it.

Seems that on my screen, the bottom toolbar it’s just to long and gets hidden behind the tool-shelf. It’s possible to make it somehow shorter? Maybe a preference or something? Please check the attached screenshot.

Some features I would like to see (if possible) in your addon:

• Create perpendicular line to an existing edge.
  • Create lines to a certain angle.
  • Create other kinds of geometry like circles and arches.
  • Infinite lines or Construction Lines (like in Sketchup) with a button to switch the visibility on and off.

(artisanicview) #63

@Okavango: Please add to your list also the Direct Autocad-Intellicad to Blender exporter LISP made by 1D_inc. Can be of great use for architects.

(stephen_leger) #64

Hi,

Working on a snap utility for Archipack walls, i only need a small add into np_point_move to get it working.

Please take a look at “external access proposal for np_move_point”:

This could also be done on all np based snap tools so they could be “easly” extended for other addons.

@Okavango:Thank you for your support !

(Okavango) #65

Thank you Okavango!
This is perfect! The Golden Ratio rocks!
(Maybe in the future there will be also a default blender ruler with this function?)

No problem, mkbreuer, glad if it helps. It is interesting to see someone is still taking care of the good-old proportional tips, so often used in the past :wink:

As for the default ruler, i really couldn’t find the way to use it efficiently as it is, it is one of the things that forced me to make point_distance.

Seems that on my screen, the bottom toolbar it’s just to long and gets hidden behind the tool-shelf. It’s possible to make it somehow shorter? Maybe a preference or something? Please check the attached screenshot.

Hi artisanicview, thanks for bug report and the interest you have taken in CAD issues. I think the problem is that you are using transparent regions, i didn’t try that scenario because i don’t use that feature. You can check the zip in the attachment if it solves the problem.

Some features I would like to see (if possible) in your addon:

• Create perpendicular line to an existing edge.
  • Create lines to a certain angle.
  • Create other kinds of geometry like circles and arches.
  • Infinite lines or Construction Lines (like in Sketchup) with a button to switch the visibility on and off.

All of those, and much more, are in plans. I saw your other posts on NP threads, all the things you suggested are logical next steps for this set. Unfortunately, i have very little spare time and for the time being i am limited to small fixes. I also lack python knowledge to do this quickly and i have researching to do also, which is almost impossible now. I am hoping someone will come along in the near future with good coding skills to help me extend this set to truly powerful CAD platform.

Parametric architectural elements were also in plans for NP, but now stephen_leger has emerged with Archipack, i am regrouping a little bit and looking for some kind of cooperation so we can work together and synchronise these tools. He has similar goals and is much faster and better in python than me.

@Okavango: Please add to your list also the Direct Autocad-Intellicad to Blender exporter LISP made by 1D_inc. Can be of great use for architects.

Added :wink:

Hi,

Working on a snap utility for Archipack walls, i only need a small add into np_point_move to get it working.

Please take a look at “external access proposal for np_move_point”:
https://github.com/s-leger/NP_station

This could also be done on all np based snap tools so they could be “easly” extended for other addons.

Hi stephen_leger, it seems like a great idea and i have confidence that you can add the required code. I checked the git link you sent and at first glance it seems ok. Just check if you are returning the ‘state’ and other new variables to default values when exiting the operator.

If you wish, you can alter all the files you think external addons can use, and send me the new pack. We can check it together afterwards and as long all the functionalities in the NP remain operative it is a good step forward.

@Okavango:Thank you for your support !

No problem mate, you are a fresh wind in our sales :wink:

Attachments

np_station_2017_05_01_overlap.zip (110 KB)

(artisanicview) #66

Thank you for the possible fix, I will check tomorrow and report back. Now it is late here and I need sleep. :frowning:

(artisanicview) #67

I just tested the newest version and it’s better than the previous one, but still the bottom info area is very long for my screen. It is possible to reduce even further so to occupy only the space needed to draw the messages?

(stephen_leger) #68

@Okavango: have now something able to cover most of the needs for np_move_point, added comments about usage (and workarroud for issue i was facing) on git, and get it working into archipack walls.
I will post a video soon demonstrating this feature.

(Okavango) #69

I just tested the newest version and it’s better than the previous one, but still the bottom info area is very long for my screen. It is possible to reduce even further so to occupy only the space needed to draw the messages?

Hi, artisanicview i understand. Glad that we could fix the bug with overlapping, this is the intended behaviour now. It could take some time to change this, maybe i will try to improve it for upcoming versions, thanks for the tip.

@Okavango: have now something able to cover most of the needs for np_move_point, added comments about usage (and workarroud for issue i was facing) on git, and get it working into archipack walls.
I will post a video soon demonstrating this feature.

Just saw it and it’s awesome :slight_smile:

(serviteur) #70

Hi, @Okavango

Thank you for sharing Addon !

(Okavango) #71

No problem serviteur, glad you like it.

(serviteur) #72

@Okavango

What is the difference about version:

• NP_Station_020_2017_04_17_rename_panel
  • np_station_2017_04_29_golden
  • np_station_2017_05_01_overlap

https://github.com/s-leger/NP_station (stephen_leger) is implimented in which version?

(Okavango) #73

Hi, serviteur,

the first one is the official version in the wiki, the second and third one are the same as the first, only with some upgrades requested by users on this thread. You can see by their dates that the third one is the most advanced. I am not sure which one stephen_leger uses at the moment, the process is still in transition. We will make the definite descriptions when things settle down a bit.

(Okavango) #74

Updated the file in the wiki page of the addon. This version is now the most advanced, it includes the golden ratio marker and the region overlap solution.

(nBurn) #75

Small bug fix: NP_Station_020_2017_06_06_golden_overlap_fix.zip

Changes:

• Disabled the debug flag in “utils_function.py” (stops debug messages from spamming the Blender console)
  • Added a check to prevent zero length vector errors in “np_point_distance.py”

I made these changes a while ago when doing a code review for Okavango, but forgot to make a post about them in this thread.

(Okavango) #76

Thanks for the fix nBurn ! Should i upload this version to the wiki?

(bliblubli) #77

Hi Okavango,
Nice to see you back :slight_smile: What would make you stay more around?

(Okavango) #78

Well, that would be about four more Okavangos. One of them is getting hammered and losing sleep at a construction site as we speak :slight_smile: I could delegate one more there, one to take care of my private life and the remaining two would be sufficient to take care of the NP tools properly :smiley:

Sarcasm for illustration purposes only :wink: Thanks for the support guys, and sorry for the inability to max these tools to their full capacity. I’m keeping an eye for your comments and bug reports though…

(nBurn) #79

Sure. I was going to look into uploading my update to the wiki myself, but I’ve been busy this week. When you have time, I have a few questions about the “addon_settings_graph” function in utils_graphics.py as well (with the current setup it looks like it would be building a dictionary from scratch every time it’s called).

(bliblubli) #80

Yep, sadly it’s a pretty wide spread problem. Take care, we will be happy to see you more when you have more time :slight_smile: