Number selection from a drop down menu

Hi, i apologise in advance if the answer to this question is elsewhere on the forum, but after an hour of searching, i cant find it, so thought i’d ask.

I’m looking to allow the user to to enter a number in a game. This number would then affect how many objects were created, but within preset bands, ie 0-30, 31-60 etc.

How do i go about accepting/processing the number, either as a text input, or selection of preset bands,

and then, how can i cause this to create objects at different empties around the level?

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone is able to give,

Rich

Im acctually at school right now but I will write you a script asap.

Thank you, i’ve been banging my head against a brick wall with this! Cheers for the help,

Rich

Ummm I was thinking about the script and I think it would be easier if I had either the original blend file or an example. Other wise I dont know what I am working with. Also could you describe in more detail what you want to happen?

Hi, sorry for the dalay, been a busy week.

I dont have a .blend at the mo, as i’m trying to work out the issues before i put it all together.

Basically, i’m trying to build a garden landscape designer. (Had a friend who does that work, and while i dont think i’ll suceed, it seemed like a good way to learn a bit about the game engine).

I want the user to be able to enter a number, and then for that number to be stored, and then when layout of plants etc, is being selected from a buttons overlay scene, the number to be recalled, and to place that number of objects (plants/trees etc) at empties around the scene.

It doesnt reallly matter if the exact number is used or just a banding. Ie the user initially enters 13 and this is within 10-20, and so 15 trees are placed.

Sorry this isnt clearer, i’m guilty of not really having a project direction, but am really just enjoying learning about the GE, and finding out about the bits i dont know,

Cheers, Rich