numbers over characters whereever they go <how?>

Hi

i’m planing to do this like in the image

do you notice that “150” which have followed the missile , …
or see it in action here

what is the best way to make one ??? …

thanks

edit :- i made the text in new scene <overlayed one> , how can i make it point over the object easily ? .

Attachments

revive …

Well, I’d have a text plane with the mapped @ symbol with the Text property 150 on it. When Collision (Missile) AND Set Property Time to 0 (It is originally on 5 or something and is a timer property) and when equals 2 it takes 150 health. This is one that I’ve not tried first, but i hope it helps.

Well, I’d have a text plane with the mapped @ symbol with the Text property 150 on it. When Collision (Missile) AND Set Property Time to 0 (It is originally on 5 or something and is a timer property) and when equals 2 it takes 150 health. This is one that I’ve not tried first, but i hope it helps.

thanks , but no … i made it …
i want it to overlay the missle so it is over it’s coordinates on the screen
when the missle is in the bottom of the screen , the object is over it
and when it moves up , the number follows it :slight_smile:

So you did it?

So you did it?

no
actually a established the text , i want the text object to overlay the object <not to change it’s value> , … excuse me if i’m not clear , …

this blendis created by
Dany Alejandro Cabrera

it does something similar , but is there a way to make it with simpler or other way ???

You could have an empty parented to your camera, with the text plane parented to the empty in front of the camera (instead of in an overlay), and then make the empty track to the missile. From there you could have the number be invisible untill the missile collides with something (via messages). It might not be the “right” way to do it, but I use this sort of thing alot for things like health bars over enemies, radar indicators, and other things.