Nurbana code donated to Blender

Read here:

Ooooooooooohhhhhh hell yeah :slight_smile:

What are the benefits of implementing a new nurbs architecture? I’m just curious, and mostly ignorant. I use nurbs in blender every now and then, and have never wished for more, they seem to work fine. I guess what I’m asking is what is blender missing? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not questioning the adding of it. I just want to find out what I’ve been missing! :slight_smile:

-Tim

this is the second topic ive seen on elysiun about the same thing…its good news anyway… :wink:

Thats excellent news - Nurbana had some advanced nurbs tools, good to see that these will be implemented in Blender!

Brian

when i rlooked a this post, i’ve been curious about nurbaba so i downloaded it.
my fist impresion is that the interface itself look like blender too much I have tried a couple of hotkey and it was the same. I suppose the intergation will be very esay then but i didn’t find some advantage in that prog. Is some pp here can list some advanced feature?

We can look forward to getting advanced surface blending of lofted nurbs surfaces in Blender. Presently Blender lacks the ability to do that right now. I am sure that with further developments we will see more basic nurbs patch tools added. Who knows, we may even see some nurbs surface cutting tools.