NURBS Help

Because I cand find any good tutorials for NURBS method,i ask here about that tutorials.Can you give me some links?Really i search many times hours and hours and NOTHING.:confused: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

There’s not much on NURBS in Blender other than what you’ll find in the wiki and the old manuals at Blender.org. They’re not very robust in Blender and things have stayed that way since forever. It would be easier if you experimented with them and asked questions here when you get stuck or have a specific problem.

Basically there are two versions of NURBS; the Curves (Add >> Curve >> Nurbs) which are like Beziers in their useability (2.5D), they just have NURBS algorythms, and Surfaces (Add >> Surface >> NURBS Whatever) which are like Splines and Patches (3D) in other software.

%<

Thank you for the comment that you make!Actually,there is no much materials for NURBS out there:(.

OK, here’s a question. If I make, as an example, two Bezier circles, make them 3D, and join them, It’s impossible to “Ctrl+F” skin them. All I get is an “Can’t make surface” error. In fact, that’s all I get attempting to skin anything…What are the parameters that must be met to allow for NURBS skinning?

From my previous post:

Basically there are two versions of NURBS; the Curves (Add >> Curve >> Nurbs) which are like Beziers in their useability (2.5D), they just have NURBS algorythms, and Surfaces (Add >> Surface >> NURBS Whatever) which are like Splines and Patches (3D) in other software.

So you need to use Surface NURBS to be able to skin them.

%<