Nvidia RTX4000 series and Blender

4000 series presented, Nvidia still skimming in VRAM, but seems a nice imrpovement, Will post content creation benchmarks when i get data.

As a side note AMD will present their 7000 series in November.

RTX Remix app to be released willl capture games in USD format to be edited with with different light and other attributes. I wonder how that can be legal.

dataminers will be happy

there we go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats, i searched for any reference to Blender but seems i did not made a good work.

Let’s see how it fares in raytracing. They announce a 4x performance increase in raytracing but I suppose they’re talking about games. Whether or not this holds up in rendering… regardless, I might just buy this 4090 if it’s indeed sold at the same price the 3090 was just a few months ago (~1600). Can’t wait to see benchmarks.

1 Like

Tensor cores increased several fold, but not RT cores. That let me think that AI/ “fakery” will be the way to get more performance.

1 Like

Btw eurozone price is 400$ more pricey :sweat_smile:

That was the main reason I watched the broadcast. :smiley: They really need to cut these down, 20 minutes is more than enough.

1 Like

Well shit. Are you sure ?

Yes, but might be because taxes (prices are for Germany that have 19% IVA, in my country 23%!). Some USA states don’t have selling taxes.

there is 2.5x more RT cores processing power (78 → 200 TFLOPS) from Ampere to Ada compared to just ~1.6x from turing to ampere, as for the ~4.37x tensor cores processing power, it’s kinda “natural” in an attempt to accelerate the push for AI everywhere (faster learning phase, sooner new AI models), as well as 50-60% higher clocks.

for blender, this means finally “true real-time” cycles view-port navigation.

3 Likes

Look at the page in :baguette_bread:

Poof added 350e just for fun :clap:

for blender, this means finally “true real-time” cycles view-port navigation.

Rest In Peace rasterization,
What we need now are path tracing viewports

1 Like

Oh yea I am building the 4090 :heart_eyes:, wish they would bump up the RAM though, still should be faster for ray tracing in Blender with more CUDA cores.

Isn’t ray tracing done on RT cores and not on CUDA cores?

This is terrible, appreciate the heads-up

No VRAM increase + double the power (double the bills)… that’s a no go for me :thinking:

1 Like

Careful. The language was “up to 4x” That can mean certain parts of the pipeline are 4x, certain features. It can mean a lot of different things. The cards will likely be a big jump, but we’ve got to wait and see tests from objective parties.

1 Like

Just bought a 3080 RTX 3080 12 Gig for less than $900. While graphic card availability is way better now, I still expect the scalpers to jump on board keeping supply low and prices high for the next 8 months. Plus, like others mentioned, the power use is quite a bit higher. I figure I’ll skip the 4000 generation altogether and by the time the 5000 is released, I’ll be due for a new desktop from the ground up. The 3080 is quite the upgrade over my old 1060.

1 Like