Nvidia unveils new Turing architecture

That’s why he alluded to three vendors (Nvidia, AMD, and Intel) :wink:

Though to be honest, I highly doubt Intel’s new cards will get anywhere if the drivers end up just as broken as the current iGPU ones.

what the hell ?
They said that rtx2080ti was the new titan , now they are making this ? What are quadro rtx made for then ? I mean c’mon the rtx to cost already 200€ more of a regular titan …

This stuff make no sense…

is this NVIDIA response to the fall of their stock market ?

I would totally invest my money into 2080ti or maybe even into this new Titan as 3D is what I do every day. The only thing that is missing is official RTX Blender build that works flawlessly without any hacks. I would take that over Eevee any day.

Quadros are made for corporations in order for them to pay more money to Nvidia. Simple as that. That’s what a near monopoly position in certain fields gets you. You get to dictate how people can and can not use your hardware.

corporations dont have the right to make server with geforce cards ? thats what you mean ?

Sorry, was mixing Tesla cards with Quadro, my bad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MachineLearning/comments/7ly5gi/news_new_nvidia_eula_prohibits_deep_learning_on/

Thank you.

So, if Cycles supports the 2080 Ti then it should perform well on this Titan RTX, no?

But as you can see, the Titan line has seen prices more than double over the past few years. Nvidia is getting to the point where they are testing just how much money a gamer is willing to drop for bragging rights.

Sure you can get up to 48 gigs of memory to play with via an NVlink setup, but if you’re going into that price-range, you might as well get a 32 core threadripper with 128 gigabytes of RAM and a nice gaming card to drive the viewport. That is not to mention even that even AMD’s threadripper line tends to see price cuts over time.

My build budget can support two RTX Titans in addition to high core count CPU and Max RAM. However, Blender Cycles is my primary use case and I will go with two 2080 Ti cards if Cycles kernels will not support the RTX Titan performing well in a timely manner.

Is it as simple as Cycles supporting Turing for 20 series cards and the RTX Titan performing great automatically?

NVIDIA press release: https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-reveals-the-titan-of-turing-titan-rtx

24gb vram thats good …
by the way vray guys have found a way to stack vram memory with 2080ti in sli , so for a lower price you’ll get more perfs for the same gb of vram

i hope we well have also this vram stacking tech … ?

The Titan only has 4 extra SMs compared to the 2080ti, 72 instead of 68, and it costs double. If the 11GB of VRAM is not an issue, just get dual 2080tis and have 136 SMs between the 2 cards. For any 3D renderer, the extra memory is the only benefit to the Titan.

Thanks for the tips on value. My question really is about performance and compatibility.

The Titan X Pascal had Cycles performance issues for six months post launch that lower end Pascal cards did not, causing them to perform worse than older cards. There was a lot of finger pointing at NVIDIA divers and at Windows (Ton even weighed in) until Brecht accidentally fixed the bug as part of a different code change. I’m trying to gauge how likely that scenario is again with RTX Titan. Hopefully that was a one-off issue and the RTX Titan would perform well, but with a performance edge over lower end cards. However, if the BF developers have no plans of testing with the card, it represents a $5000 (dual GPU) purchase gamble.

Nvidia unveils the RTX 2060.

In short, a decent bump in performance, an even larger price hike, and RTX capabilities that might be capable of playing games at 30 FPS on lower resolutions (if said game is playable at all).

To put the price hike into perspective, you used to be able to buy a top tier card for 350 USD a number of generations back. You can also buy an AMD Polaris 590 card or a Vega 56 with money to spare as well. The fact of PC gaming becoming much more expensive could actually mean a win for AMD as it might drive more gamers toward the consoles (in which two of them use AMD hardware).

RT cores enable for cycles is being secretly under dev?

im not sure why its maybe on NDA tho…

yes you can use both of them together.

Well you’re slightly out of date in replying, I’ve already bought and built that computer and done many renders with it. But thanks anyway.

1 Like

ouch

1 Like

i think its partially normal. this is mainly the bitcoin boom period that is now finished.

how can it stay up if the mining era is dead.

Annotation%202019-07-14%20164018

i don’t get it why thoses posts are flagged right away ? @bartv
i posted them and directly after they are flagged