O.s.h.w.a

Oshwa, a system I am helping think up, will use many small computers or a central host, and understand it’s capabilities and limit its own frame-rate,

it is to walk for people who can not, it will plot steps, and balance, and have real-time reaction similar to boston dynamics “big dog”

basically a set of powered leg braces, using a real time displaced mesh to represent the terrain or voxel, these will be designed to be rep-rap generated using cheap off the shelf hardware, and by V1.0 should be usable, but only for a test group, and we will keep refining until it can help people walk :slight_smile:

Open Source Human Walk Assistance

This was posted in another thread about “thread management” but someone thought this would be better,
I can’t delete it though…

Oshwa, a system I am helping think up, will use many small computers or a central host, and understand it’s capabilities and limit its own frame-rate,
https://plus.google.com/b/1115919224…70824059/posts

it is to walk for people who can not, it will plot steps, and balance, and have real-time reaction similar to boston dynamics “big dog”

basically a set of powered leg braces, using a real time displaced mesh to represent the terrain or voxel, these will be designed to be rep-rap generated using cheap off the shelf hardware, and by V1.0 should be usable, but only for a test group, and we will keep refining until it can help people walk :slight_smile:

You don’t lose any opportunity to talk about your game(s), huh?
Spend more time building it than talk about it. Control yourself, make a proper game project, get organized and get to work.

I too am working on a game I think might be awesome, if I ever finish it, but I rarely talk about it unless asked! I spent 3 years learning Game developping, BGE and preparing the game, every year I challenged myself further. Last year I decided to take the project more seriouly, so I decided to learn python, and here I am still learning as I go, since I can now “walk on my feet” in python.

I encourage you to be more discrete about your work, post it in one thread and keep updating it, keep all related discussions inside it!
The time you waste replying to any possible thread could be spent working on your several brilliant ideas! Putting things down on paper gives a good means of visualization. Test, test and test some more, there are various solutions for a BGE problem…

Good luck!

Oshwa is not a game…
and I need help,
I can’t do something this big alone

This is a game engine forum. For games.

its a game, representing a real scene, do you want to make.everything.awesome?

It’s a game, that represents the real world, so people can walk,

Then do something you can do first, if it’s a game we can offer you guidance!

You don’t seem to understand,

Servo motions->python -> REAL SERVOS

Sensor-Servo positions-Do X

I have a working torque based walk cycle :slight_smile:

You just said your project wasn’t a game.

As for your real servos, maybe Torakunsama doesn’t understand, or maybe he does. Maybe your project just isn’t very impressive at this stage. Maybe it’s just an alright proof-of-concept. Maybe it’s actually got a huge amount of depth to it, or maybe you need to develop it further to really show its strengths.

Regardlesss, I would recommend, as has been recommended to you before, for you to make a single work in progress thread and develop it, as this is not the thread for it. Whatever you do, try to stay on topic, as your computer system idea has nothing to do with Torakunsama’s question at hand, which is, if I understand correctly, “How do I spawn a new Python thread at a certain point in time dynamically (i.e. without knowing how many threads you’re going to need)?”

EDIT: I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but I feel that the forums need to be kept neat and tidy. People should be able to ask game-engine related questions and get relevant answers, not get sidetracked.

EDIT 2: If you want to go about bringing up the topic of handling physics or logic in a different way, make a thread about that, rather than a thread about your creations. If you want to make a thread about your creations, do so in the WIP section of the forum.

EDIT 3:

@torakunsama - As I’m very interested in threading, I would like to see more about this subject, as well. Your implementation is very interesting. Why is the controller a thread, when it spawns other threads? Wouldn’t it make sense to just make the controller a simple object that houses other threads (and collects data from them as necessary)?