Here’s my latest archviz animation. Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

some stills:

Feel free to ask me anything!

instagram
behance
www.megatecture.pl

Thanks!

52 Likes

what did you do with the render? and how long is each frame?

Its rendered with mostly 64 samples in 4K with E-Cycles, denoised with Optix. Each frame took about 1 minute and 30 seconds to render. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, GPU?

rtx 2080 ti :slight_smile:

1 Like

Superb work, as always :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you, have a great one as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, congrats on amazing work, and thank you for sharing! What would you say are the main differences between Cycles and E-Cycles in terms of the final image “built-in” qualities? For example, does E-Cycles have better colours or is it just faster and has more features? Could you say that the same result could be achieved with standard Cycles, albeit requiring more time and effort? And finally, what colour management workflow do you use? I’m finding it really hard to work in filmic, as it seems to bleach everything and cancel details. Your render doesn’t seem to look neither like filmic, nor like standard. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi , thank you very much! Main difference and advantage of E-Cycles over Cycles is speed. It is usually 30 to 40% faster at least on my setup which is 2080 ti (which maybe considered old tech by now :smiley: ) Cant be sure about new versions of cycles and E-cycles. Colours and image quality mostly stays the same, this is just buffed up Cycles. You can achieve literally the same in Cycles :slight_smile:

I understand your problem with filmic. Mostly I try to tweak a little within the color management tab to get the look I want. I look for stronger contrasts most of the time. Also whats important is postprocessing which I do in photoshop. I really look forward to live post pro in Blender :laughing: Hope I’ve helped a little!

Thank you for the answer! It helped indeed. Also, just the fact that works like this can be achieved in Blender is already very encouraging!

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #exteriorarchitecture category! You can vote for it here.

Hello! I want know your glass material setup, can you show it please?

1 Like

Great! Do you use AgX or so?

1 Like

@b3nzO_DZN Hi! Its almost the same as the one in Barcelona pavillon file available for everyone at blender.org :slight_smile:

@xcamel3D Thanks! Have not heard about AgX and after googling it I might have to try it out :wink:

Good way to go, some colors are going to be natural, some to more vivid than Filmic and in overall you can have more depth in your image.
For the most of archviz features this can compete with Max+Corona in price/quality balance.