Oasis - Desert Landscape

Hi guys :wink: This is my last work named “Oasis”. Last night I went to sleep and then I saw it, immediatly I got out of bed, I sat down to the computer and started working.

Blender Cycles. I dont know what else to write hehe.
Hope you like it! :smiley:

The biggest thing I notice is that the scale of the various elements seem to be off (first impression is that the oasis and its plants look tiny when taking into account the surrounding detail).

Also, what is the big blue diamond for, there doesn’t seem to be any reason as to why it should be there.

Thirdly, you might want to look at making the cliffs appear to be more complex than bent cylinders using a displacement texture.

In short, it looks like all of the elements needed for a nice looking scene are there, just that the placement and scaling need a bit of work.

Great scene but get rid of the blue gem thingy, it draws attention away from the rest of the really great scene. My first impression was: “meh its okay” but when i looked at the nice little details in the actual oasis and the cliffs I really loved it, So just

Get rid of the diamond

Why I thought the scene is a little bit ratio imbalance which made it seems strange.

It does look a bit strange, but the way that I see it, it looks like a collection of toys and toy models due to the issue of scale. However, it’s still not clear as to whether or not this is the case, so it’s open to interpretation.