Obelix :)

quite right! I take it all back then, but not the congrats part :slight_smile:

Ha ha so cute!

@elbriga, very kind of you!
BTW, with the phrase ‘the look is quite similar’ I was referring to the helmet, you know, not to the character…

@Montkey,
Thank you!

paolo

very nice and cute! I also am very fond of this character.
It would be nice to make a version with cycles …
I would try to do even falbala 3d

Thank you Marco!
Falbala would be an appealing challenge indeed, not easy at all to find the right level of stylization and charm to match this one, in the cartoon she is very nice but also very unreal, I would like to take a try, though.

As for cycles, that would be a challenge of little use to me, I’m quite happy and accustomed with maxwell, any lacking in the result are my fault, not of the engine.

paolo

Nice work. Can never have too many fat guys. :slight_smile:

Idefix? I don’t know him. but this render made my day.

Thank you DanPro,
yes, but one like that is more than enough!

Thank you Norrolith,
Idefix is the little dog, very cute and expressive!

paolo

Hmm, the translators must have changed his name to dogmatix.

You are correct:

From Wikipedia:

Dogmatix is a fictional character, a tiny white terrier dog who belongs to Obelix in the Asterix comics. Dogmatix is a pun on the words dog and dogmatic. In the original French his name is Idéfix, itself a pun on the French expression idée fixe (fixed idea) meaning an obsession. This pun is unusual for a translation in that it is remarkably close to the original meaning and adds to it (by inclusion of the dog- syllable).

paolo

Looks like Depardieu!
He’s a funny actor.
I particularly like the movie “La chèvre” with Pierre Richard.

Well, and it’s a good 3D model :slight_smile:

CurtYoung,
actually, it would be freely inspired by the interpretation of Obelix by Depardieu.
I also like him, he is a nice person, in spite of his impressive appearance.

Thanks for your compliment!

paolo