Object coordinates in combination with an empty....

When I use the object coordinate method in combination with an empty… everything works fine… I place my logo on an object wherever I want…

Now I want to copy that object (with the logo ofcourse)… Now I run into the fact that blender copies the objects and the empty… and empty.001 turns into empty.002 for the second object…

But because in the material with the texture is assigned to object 1 and empty.001 the logo doesn’t appear on the second object…

How is the workaround for this ? I can’t believe that I should make a new material for a second object…

md01

activate the duplicated object, goto materials and assign the already existing material…

There are also two ways to duplicate an object. CTRL+DKEY will make a copy while ALT+DKEY will make a copy that is “linked” to the previous one. The difference is that the first technique creates two independent object while the second creates objects where changes to one will be reflected in the other. Perhaps this will be useful?

Solmax :

This doesn’t solve it … the empty wich is the start of the texture coordinates is still renamed and still doesn’t correspond to the original material…

Maybe I shouldn’t use an empty…

Sund:

Same here… the duplicate is still a ‘new’ empty…

md01