Object exists on multiple layers!

Have a look at this bizarre video where a simple plane is keyed to move between layers 4 and 10 yet it jumps around in a crazy fit of madness onto several different layers at the same time (note the green lines to the left of the IPO window)… even though I’m not telling it to?!?
http://www.elyeball.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/error.wmv

I have no idea how this happened or how to correct it. I’m thinking it’s an error! :spin:

You can have an object on multiple layers, maybe you keyed it while it was in 2 layers?
To check, look in Object Context>Object Subcontext>Draw Panel (F7). That group of layer buttons shows which layer an object is on.

Thanks that’s helpful. I didn’t know that! I couldn’t figure out what was wrong so I deleted the ipo for layers and re-did it. I would have thought that even if I accidently keyed it to more than one layer that I would see this in the ipo window?!?

I just tried keying to more than one layer using the draw panel but it didn’t work?!?

I have just randomly lost a bone in this file as well. It’s not hidden it’s just disappeared!?!