I wrote this script to measure the airplane frontal area in different AoA’s for the form drag estimation.
It could be useful for other applications too. Go figure
This script requires the Python Imaging Library (PIL) installation
- Disable all lights
- Place the target object between Reference object and camera
- Scale objects, if needed and then use Apply Scale function (ctrl a,1)
- Make sure the Reference object is in camera view
- Make sure the target object is inside of the Reference object area
- Adjust X- and Z-axis rotations, if needed.
- Run script and see the frontal area result
Color2Area_1.blend (340 KB)