Object Property scaling? Bge

Is there a way to have a property of an object change its scale in the bge?
Like say i have a cube and when the cubes property size changes i would have the cube get bigger or smaller.
If there is a way without python that would be great. But if not then i’m okay with writing some python.
Thanks!

python is best.

obj.scaling = [x,y,z]

without python animate it, and use a property to set the animation frame.

When you say “python is best” are you saying there is a way without python. But that its just harder or more complex?

there is no real way of scaling objects without python. That said, if you animate the object (small to big), then you can actually use the action actuator(brick) to grab a property, to be used as the frame number. So then you can increase or decrease the property to make the object smaller or bigger.

with python it’s just this:

def obj_scaling(cont)
    own = cont.owner
    property = own['some_property']
    own.scaling = [property,property,property]

While you whee doing that. I actually found a way of doing it. Without python!
You have an animation set from 0 to 250 (Or however long your frame count is)
Then you have a action actuator that is set to property.
Then you make a property named Size. After you do that you make it so that you collide with a point or whatever your going for. In my case it would be a ball.
Put that all together with a property add sensor set to around 10. And there you have it.
I will sent the .Blend file so you can see it work.

yup so what i said hehe

Keep in mind, that way is not scaling an object, but animate it’s size.

Oh really, I must have taken what you said after all.
Sorry i didn’t mean to claim that i had came up with that idea even thought you gave me it.
I just meant that i found a simple way to do it without python.
I’m not trying to take credit for your idea Lol
And thank you for telling me that i would not have realized that it wasn’t actually changing the size.
Sorry :joy:
Test1.blend (600.7 KB)

That’s exactly how it works without Python. So it is possible to realize also Progress Bars, Sliders etc. For more Freedom, hit T-Key in Graph Editor while the Curves are in Edit Mode, and choose the Interpolation you need. Here should “Linear” work best. Next Shift+E for Extrapolation. Also Linear. So you get an infinite Line, also for negative Values.

But i agree with Cotaks. Python is much more flexible.