Object to follow mulitple paths?

Is there such an option available? I plan to make my object follow a path, then follow another once it reaches it’s destination. However there doesn’t seem to be a stacking option available and the object only follows the latest curve that I bind it to.

Bind the “latest curve” to the next path.
With other words:
Object is constrained (follow path) to a path 1
path 1 is constrained to a path 2.
Offset the path 2 keys to where path 1 animation stops.

Wow hey, thanks for the reply. It helped!! But I’ve encountered a new problem…
When I try to constrain a path to another, the original path will be inverted, bringing the object along with it.
This only occurs when I try to constrain a path from the front, to the back. As constraining one from the back to the front gives me the result that I want.
Is there a way to invert back the original path?

Have you set key frames for the Evaluation Time (Curve Data Panel / Path Animation section)?
If so, you can access the keyframes in the Graph Editor and reverse them by swapping the values.

If you have parametric animation for the path (That’s when you pressed ‘Animate Path’ in the FollowPath Modifier), select the path and play with the settings in the GraphEditor/N-panel… or turn it into keyframe animation by deleting the EvaluationTime channel in the GraphEditor and setting keyframes for the EvaluationTime in the Curve Data Panel / Path Animation section

Hmm I have set the key frames for the movement but what value exactly do I need to use to swap?
I did not animate since I set the key frames at the start of the movement and at the end.
To show clearly what I mean, attached is the file. I’m trying to get the lower left cylinder to move back according to the path from frame 140 to 160. The movement moves fine, but the starting movement becomes all screwed up instead due to the reflection. Sigh sorry for the trouble

Another possibility, if this is a movie not a game of some kind, is simply to make two different scenes. Shoot one in which the object is following track #1, then another, precisely positioned, where it follows track #2.

Ever so much easier if you switch camera angles at that point. (It seems to me relatively unlikely that you would actually be filming the scene as “one continuous take.”) Any point where you “cut” from one camera-POV to another is fair game to do whatever sleight-of-hand you need to do “when the camera’s not rolling.” Such as, for instance, altering the definition of either path or defining new ones. As long as the visual effect winds up being what you want to achieve, after editing and so-forth, “the world’s your oyster” as to exactly how to do it … and no one but you will ever know. :yes:

My usual approach is to “shoot film, quickly,” using OpenGL Preview renders, from several different camera angles. Then, take the various (labeled …) clips straight to the video editor, and “rough-cut something together.” (Several “somethings.”) Editing is the point where the ideas really come together, so I do editing first. Once you come up with a visually-compelling way to tell your story, your shot-list will probably be completely different from your original ideas. The “difficult shot” that you’re wrestling with might have … disappeared.

Hey thanks for the reply too!!
Actually all I need to do is to plan formations out for drones for a show that’s coming up and my employers have requested me to present the idea to them with 3D animation, and hence I discovered Blender. I would prefer to take it in one continuous motion if it is possible but have encountered various problems such as linking objects to follow paths at certain timing and going in a particular way to move. Is Blender really appropriate for this, or should I find another program to do this?? Cuz the only resource of help I have is through Google and forums like these and sometimes I can get stuck for long hours too :frowning:

Something else to consider:

The Follow Path constraint has an Influence value - use 1 to make it work, use 0 to ignore it. Add two Follow Paths to your object and switch the influence to 0 on the first one on the frame where it ends this path, and switch the second one to 1, make it 0 to start with, at the same time, then keyframe your movements along the second one. You can keyframe these influence values by RMB Click the influence box and select “Insert Keyframe”.

Cheers, Clock.