Object tracking - without the Camera (Tomato)

Okay, so I have an object moving through a scene I shot with my camera, but the camera is completely stationary. How do I just track an object with a stationary camera? Do I add a camera solver constraint but leave the camera unsolved? Or do I not add the solve constraint to the camera at all? (I am using Blender 2.62)

Thanks

Edit: I should read thoroughly before answering the wrong question. Sry. :frowning:

But,

You should have no need to add a camera constraint but it might be necessary for the solver to create the scene.

I have tried that. After tracking the object and adding an object solver constraint the object does move, but it appears to be moving in the opposite direction it should be.

Why not solve the scene with the BLAM addon (static reconstruction tool), then do a 2D track of object in frame with geometry attached to track?

I posted a thread like this. I’m having the same problem. I’ll let you know if I get an answer

Hi!
In the latest build of Blender, there’s a tripod shot option, right under the “Solve Camera” If you check the tripod shot, you can solve the camera without any markers, then track and solve the object, then Setup Tracking Scene :slight_smile:

Interesting… I think I’ll try that…

Did it work?