Objects dissappear in game when camera ortho turned off

Good afternoon,
I tried to do a search for this first, but I couldn’t find anything relevant. The problem is when I start my game with the ortho button for my camera not pressed, some of my objects dissappear. Any suggestions? Thanks,
-Brian

??? That’s not supposed to happen. The camera doesn’t have ortho pressed as default. The only thing I can think of is that some of your objects have normals pointing in. Make sure the normals of the object are pointing outwards and that should fix the problem. Lol, a stupid thing (“maybe you have invisible pressed for the object”, but then you would know).

Hmm, maybe you could post up a .blend if it’s not the problem with the normals of the object.

Jason Lin

Also, make sure your camera distance is set far enough to reach the object once out of ORTHO mode.

Thanks for the reply Jason. The normals are pointing out, and invisible isn’t checked. I can’t upload, but I can email you a copy. Will this work?
-Brian

Pryjon, when I’m not in game mode the camera shows all of the objects, and even renders them. If I enter game mode without using the camera all of the objects show. Do you have anymore ideas? Thanks,
-Brian

in the same spot that the ORTHO button is, set the clip start to 0 and make sure teh clip end is far enough away to show all the objects you want.

Hmm, you could upload to a simple geocities account. Real simple and fast to create and upload. Just post the link afterwards. Lol, you could email me it, but uploading it would be better since more people can help.

Jason Lin

http://www.geocities.com/treacy_brian/Typical1024.txt

Ok, I created a quick page… Unfortunately, it wouldn’t let me load a .blend, so I renamed it to a .txt. Rename it after you download it. thanks for the help,
-Brian

Wow, that’s some weird camera setup. From what I can see from the .blend file, when you press forward, the character moves forward and the camera moves forward too, that’s why you can’t see anything. I think that’s what is happening because when you press back, the camera zooms out. So your sphere isn’t the thing that’s dissapearing, it’s that your camera goes right through the floor.

Since you only have a basic setup right now, here’s what I would change. Have the character move by linV and rotate by angV. Next thing, I wouldn’t parent the camera to an empty. You could do without it, just have the same logic bricks on the camera.

Lol, just do the whole thing over again. I can’t seem to find out why your camera acts that way.

Here’s a quickie setup. http://www.geocities.com/blender3dsite/Camera.zip
Jason Lin

Thanks for the help Jason. I deleted my camera and empty and used your settings from the zip you posted. Works great!
-Brian