OBJECTS GOING THROUGH EACH OTHER???

OK here is a scenario…say I build ten objects piled on top of one another, like a stack of cubes for instance all twisted around and piled together like a mountain. Say I want them all to crumble and fall over top of one another and land in a perfectly streight line on the ground. I can get the key frames in from the start position to the finished position. My problem is the in between. When they fall over one another, some of them go through each other or intersect in the mesh. Now if these cubes were turned into bolders then that would look silly! So how do I make it so my cubes or bolders fall naturally? If a bolder hits another it should bounce off it and not go through it correct? If you have an answer or tutorial I will be more than happy to go through it and do the work.

thanks Guys

BLENDER DOESN’T HAVE ANY COLLISION DETECTION FEATURES TO AIDE IN ANIMATION OF OBJECTS, OTHER THAN LOADING UP THE GAME ENGINE AND DOING A FULL SIMULATION THERE.

IN OTHER WORDS, YOU EITHER DO A REAL SIMULATION OR ANIMATE IT ALL MANUALLY [KEEPING THINGS FROM INTERSECTING BY SINGLE-STEPPING THROUGH THE FRAMES AND TWEAKING EVERYTHING]

[all caps because your subject is]

I kinds thought that was the case. Oh well a little work will get the results. Thanks

Not really certain about this, but couldn’t you use the game-engine? This has collision detection. Then you can record this to IPOs and you’re done.
You might want to check this with some game-engine though, because I’m not 100% certain on this.