Oblivion Drone

Yesterday I was watching Oblivion again and I decided to model the drone.

UPDATE:
I´ll think about some minor tweaks, but I believe tha this will be the final version.

Attachments



A little update.

Attachments



Adding more details.

Other part:

Attachments




More updates, this time with matcaps material to check the curvature of the surface.

Attachments


Another update. The back was very cumbersome to do but I’m more or less happy with the final result.

Attachments


Step by step, another update. Fixing the pinches is very hard to do with so many curved surfaces
Thanks to developers for Blender and the “space” option inside Looptools, is very useful for that. :wink:

Attachments


Looking good! I can appreciate the difficulties with all of the curved surfaces!

Thanks Pleskinen.
Still working in the back and refining the bottom.

Attachments


Adding the turbine and erasing some holes.

Attachments


I like the way you have developed this.

You may not need it, but the ‘Curve’ stroke method for sculpting/painting seems like it would be perfect for some of the details on your drone.

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.72/Painting

Great work!

Thanks Mac6464 I’m going to check your link. I’m learning Blender and still I haven´t read the documentation about texturing/sculpting. While, another little update with more details in the top side.

Attachments


looking good man! what’s your mesh flow look like?

Thanks bojo600, I’m going to post wireframes later.
I´m trying to improve topology all the time so it changes from one picture to another and I prefer to show the final version with (almost) all mistakes fixed.

More details in the top side.

Attachments


Updating the bottom. This part is more or less invented because I have no good references.

Attachments


This must have a painfull topology to be done.
You’re doing good, this is a very nice exercise and your model looks very consistent.

Looking forward to see it evolving

Thanks Pieriko. The topology is given me some headaches and in some places is a bit messy.

Attachments


Adding more details, cutting and cleaning topology.
Finally I had to change all the mesh flow in this part because of horizontal lines that separate the panels :spin:

Attachments


This time the other side of the drone. I’ve almost finished the main body :slight_smile:

Attachments


I’ve finished the main body and also changed the turbine because I didn´t like the first version.


Attachments