OCD!

I have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and
was wondering if anyone else here has OCD.

If you do have OCD please reply here or PM me
and maybe if you like we can exchange PMs, chat or
even e-mail each other.

Here is a good site
that is helping me now.
http://www.anxieties.com/ocd.php#

I plan on getting the book
Stop Obsessing! How to Overcome Your Obsessions and Compulsions.

For those here that don’t have OCD, check out the
site I posted a link to. You may find it interesting.

If you have any OCD related links please post them.

Happy Blending! :slight_smile:

Well I am ADHD. So i tend to either find something that i become obsessed with or dont do anything…so i guess that is kinda OCD…

I got OCD, I can’t pass my mailbox on my way home without opening it (And I know there is no mail) Thats just one example. And I’m serious. Is it that Kind of OCD you are talking about?

I watched something about OCD on the tv. Thats when you have an obsesion that is ruining your life.

Like washing constantly.
Or when ever you see a pen & paper you have to write on it confessing to a crime you never commited.

Kothe that more of a routine than OCD you have.

Haven’t you guys seen Monk? It’s a TV show about a detective who has an extreme case of OCD. It’s hilarious.

But I actually do know someone who has OCD. He’ll likely be getting a divorce soon because he’s so difficult to live with. :-?

I belive I have bi-polar disorder, it’s were you have mood swings. One day I can be happy(I think), and the next day I can be angry. Every time I sleep, the next day is like using the subdivide fractal in blender, you never know what your going to get. I don’t belive I can feel emotions, like happiness, because I can play a game with a friend, or go do something cool or neat, and I feel no gradification. And I always seem to have this pain all over my body, but I realize over-all that I have great conditions compared to many the world over.

sounds like our drama teacher, one minute she can be all nice and normal, the next minute she will turn into satan…

I’ve got a continual need to diverse from schoolwork by modelling - my mother’s banned me from my computer from that effect - I’m just using the school’s computer now.

I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D.I don’t have O.C.D. I don’t have O.C.D.

Thats normal with womens.

:smiley: [>] :< [>] :smiley: [>] :< [>] :smiley: [>] :< [>] :smiley: [>] :< [>] :smiley: [>] :< [>] :x

You don’t, you’re just a freak with weird front teeth. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think I know anyone (personnally) with OCD.

You’re sure it’s not just menopause? :wink:

Martin

i dont have ocd,
i am a chronic procrastanator.
not proud but hey what can i say. if there is something ihave to do, and i dont want to do it, i generally dont till the last minute.
bad habit but you cant break it. like right now, i should be doing homework, but i am posting here, about the disorder.

it described me perfectly on answers.com:

Severe procrastination or ADD can also cross over into computer addiction. In this instance the individual has a compulsion to surf the web or play video games. Although internet addiction is a relatively new phenomenon, it is already being considered as a valid psychiatric diagnosis by mental health professionals.

and by chance, i found this page…

http://thecenter2000.com/last/

The only thing I can think of that is remotely like OCD for me, is hitting Ctrl+S or Ctrl+W to save my work. I do it in almost any saving enabled program and almost between every operation completed.

From a psychology point of view, none of these examples are OCD. Checking the mailbox is simply a habit.
I have a process that I go through when I’m on the computer consisting of quickly checking my email, then usually facebook, and then this forum. Even if I have just checked my mail a minute before, and it’s 2AM so there’s no reason I would have anything new, I’ll still check it out of habit.

OCD requires an obsession and a compulsion. The best example I can think of comes from what kit89 mentioned. There are plenty of people who have to wash (either their hands or their entire bodies generally) constantly. This person would have an obsession of needing their hands to be clean at all times, and a compulsion to wash their hands in order to satisfy the obsession.

The condition is also accompanied by a strictly regimented process when acting out the compulsion. For example, I once read a case study about a person that had to shower about every hour, and would always have to remove his or her clothing in an exact order, laying it all out on precise locations on the bed. After the shower was done and he or she was dry, the person would have to put the clothing (or sometimes new clothing) back on in exactly the opposite order as it was removed. If the person felt the slightest hint that the process was messed up the whole thing would be started over.

I hope this doesn’t come across as a psych lecture.

-Anthony