Ocean simulation and sailboat - the return!

Hello, here’s some screenshots of the graph editor’s camera keyframes and empty object I use to constraining the camera tracking. You’ll see that I don’t set the x y z keyframe axis in the same frame, it’s very useful if you want your camera have the same speed on the Y axis (like in my animation) but start to elevate later on the Z axis, like a camera embedded in an helicopter which start in hedgehopping flight and change his height during the traveling.
I also use an empty tracker parented to the subject (BAT_mire) in order to change the point of view during the shot.

Attachments

Here’s the animation with two people aboard ant the whole ship upperwork

Seriously, this is impresive…

Great work

Thank you Joni. Your work is pretty good too :slight_smile:

Big trouble with Blender !
I’m actually struggling with the dynamic wetmap paint output of my canva. I couldn’t activate the dp_wetmap anymore. Moreofall I have several dp_wetmap instances I can’t delete :(.
concerning the render crash, I’ve found the solution : Blender have some difficulties to write over the last image I rendered before. Now I delete manually the old image and it’s Ok :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’m definitely going to have to try that.

Show me the result when you’ll do it

Finally and after trying to restart all the file (3 times !) in order to get rid of that “fake” dp_wetmap, I’ve discovered that these files could be deleted in the properties editor !

Here’s some composite render test in low sample (50).

Looks good. The clouds image in the background doesn’t look right though. It just feels a bit out of place. I think it might be that your ocean doesn’t go far enough.

Thanx Tardis ! I’ll shake the environment texture height and the ocean’s position.

Here’s the last composite animation. Actually, I work with 50 samples but I’ll push the sampling when all elements will OK. I need to add some particle effect…and sound of course ! :slight_smile:

Nice work! The only thing is the speed! It looks to sail at about 4knots! In real it would do at least 10 knots in this setting! Soo, you need a bigger ocean plane :P. But very well done!

Hello ! Thank you to follow my work, it’s really cool !
Concerning the speed, my ship sail at 28 knots(53 Km/h). I know, its an incredible speed for this kind of ship (14 knots max) but I’ve multiplied it by 2 because the speed effect is better like that). I think your calculation result is different because you haven’t got the length of my boat (47 meters).
In any case, it’s really cool to give me your advice and remarks.
I’ve watched your glass of beer. I’d love to drink it :slight_smile:

This is looking good, I hope to see it finished.

Thats fricking big and fast :). Looks good anyhow!

Yep ! Here’s a link to the boat wich inspired me :
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/1009429/vessel:ETHEREAL

That’s Huge!

Thanks ! I’m happy you like the result !
I actually work on the rear flag simulation and the particle simulation foam improvement. I’m also adding the crew and the last detail of the vessel like the lifeboat at the rear. When I’ll finish this shoot, I’d like to make another shoot with a sort of “go pro” cam fixed at the front of the boat looking at the rear with some noise on the rotation axis and water drop on the lense.

I do like the result but I was referring to the inspiration.

Anyway, I can’t wait to see the finished product!