Ocean simulation help

Hi, I’d like to experiment new ocean simulation function in blender, I’ve downloaded concerning patched build for windows but I can’t figure how to use the new ocean textures to model my plane.

I create a new material, then switch to textures panels and add ocean texture, but… my object remains plane and I don’t know how to generate appropriate displacement for it.

Could you point me a tutorial or a wiki page or something similar to learn how to use that new function?

Try looking under the modifiers tab in the edit buttons (F9) and look for displacement. Put in the name of your texture there and it should make it look liek the texture. The only thing is that you will need to subdivide the plane a lot to get the geometry. So just hit W >> Subdivide in edit mode maybe 4 or 5 times to get enough verts to make it look correct. Hope that is what you are needing. Good luck!

mm ok, I was thinking at a different way to use that instead of the usual way :o

thank you!

What is “Ocean simulation”, is it a python script?

it is the patch that make this possible: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=128330
and you can download it from graphicall.org