Ocean Simulator help

Hi I’m relatively new to Blender

I’m attempting to create an animation-ready ocean scene. To reduce the polygon count, I want the resolution of the ocean to gradually degrade as it moves further into the background (I believe I could get away with it).

Now, I see the only possible way to tile is with a built in array in the ocean modifier. However, with this array option, the quality of the ocean remains constant for every repetition. To reduce polygon count, I have to duplicate the ocean and tile it manually, and tone down the resolution as if each tile was a different object.

This turned out to be particularly ugly as the wave motion was inconsistent as the ocean modifier was assigning different simulation patterns to each individual tile, and resulted in a lot of overlapping. I tried to fill in these highpoly-lowpoly transitions with landforms such as headlands and islands but this proved to be ineffective.

So, is there way for the resolution of the ocean to gradually degrade as it moves further into the background? Thanks for your time!! :yes:

this will show you how to make multiple oceans and keep the mesh down

here is another one at 26.:20 he starts to double the ocean mesh and use lower resultion

Thanks! I thought that would be impractical but it turns out that the overlap was barely noticeable :slight_smile: