OctaneRender™ Blender 4.0 plugin version 2023.1.2 - 28.13 [STABLE] released

Welcome! :slight_smile: Blender particles work quite well with octane. The instance range tex works as well. What exactly are you trying to do if I may ask?

1 Like

Hi! Thank you! I am familiar with the particle system but i was wondering since in C4D you have the Octane Scatter ‘tool’ as a separate object distribution option and whether it was implemented here since i could not find it. Or maybe the people from Octane decided that the internal blender particle system is enough…

By the way, I was trying to have two separate instances of objects and then managing their distribution through dynamic paint with float vertex node

P.s. I see also now there is an instance node… will play with it now to see how it works. Thanks anyway!

Do you mean instance range texture node? I’m not familiar with that, so if you have figured it out, you are welcome to post the procedure here :slight_smile:

Is the free tier the demo version?? There site is a bit confusing.

Hi and no, Free Tier is may the new demo version.
There was never an up to date Blender for Octane demo version, iirc.
What really confuse, why they not publish the 2.80 version to the customers first?
There are experienced Blender user can test beta first before they publish to everyone.
No wonder many user ask basic questions not familiar with Octane at all.

Cheers, mib

Hi, does it support udims and light linking?

Is Vectron working in this build or no? Can’t figure it out

Also, anyone got a working setup for volumetrics? none of the old methods work properly.

Can someone teach me how to import ORBX into blender for octane?

I don’t think it is possible right now. They have yet to fix the LiveDB and with that the possibility to use your LocalDB if we are talking about importing materials…

So, how is it updated?

Has anyone noticed that the colors in the “New Daylight Model” settings are not the same as in the standard Octane Edition. I downloaded the DEMO Standalone Edition of Octane and copied the color (Hex) from Sky, Sunset and Ground to Blender 2.80 Octane Edition and it looks the same now!
ScreenShot_20190827132452

1 Like

3 Likes

Collection instances are broken for me
If instance in the same Scene everything is render fine, but if you move collection instance to another scene it’s messed up

Do you have any modifiers on the mesh? Does applying them fix this maybe?

Nope, pure geometry

This has been fixed in the latest available release (out today!):

6 Likes

Thanks! Problem is solved

Ist this free version with RTX support?