We are happy to share a new release of Octane.
Octane 2020.1.4 is our latest maintenance update and the version currently recommended for production use.
Make sure to use a NVIDIA Studio driver with version at least 435.80 for Windows or 435.12 for Linux to enable support for RTX hardware acceleration. There are no OSX drivers that currently support RTX.
Should you find any issues with this release please report using this thread so we can make sure we provide you with the best feedback.
Changes since OctaneRender 2020.1.3:
- Fixed issue causing Octane to not to start on machines using older CPUs without AVX instruction set support.
- Fixed issue causing OSX slaves to deactivate their license even if there are other instances of standalone or plugins currently running on that machine.
- Fixed triplanar projection in OSL when used as emission texture distribution.
- Fixed issue causing displacement nodes not working with layered material nodes.
- Fixed white balance picking when upsampling was enabled.
- Fixed a crash on Windows 7 when upsampling was enabled.
- Fixed documentation and typos of a few dirt texture node pins.
- Fixed batch render script causing erroneous results with scenes using universal camera, geometric primitives, vectron union and volumetric spotlight nodes.
- Fixed issue causing hair primitives and geometry using texture displacement to temporarily disappear after scene some scene changes.
- Geometric primitives material defaults to the default diffuse material.
- Auto-bump disappears in some cases using a mix of RTX and non-RTX GPUs with RTX on.
- Octane fails to start in some machines with old dual Xeon CPU setups.
- CUDA error in some scenarios when using NVlink due to mismatching barriers.