OctaneRender™ Blender 2.91 plugin version 2020.1.5 - 22.2 [STABLE] released

I just realized that the frame counts start at zero (0). I changed my command to this…

~/graphics/OctaneRender_Studio_2020_2_linux/octane --no-gui --script ./cmdBatchRender.lua -a /archive/test -a EXRTONEMAPPED -a 0 -a 0 -a 1000 -a “Render target”

Now I’m getting this error…

[string “cmdBatchRender.lua”]:470: No render targets in this project. (line: 470)

This tells me that the script can not find the render target. I’m pretty sure that how to pull the render targets has changed over the years. The script might be using an old method that no longer works. Here is what the code is doing…

-- fetch all the render target nodes
local renderTargetNodes = gSettings.sceneGraph:findNodes(octane.NT_RENDERTARGET, true)
-- if no render targets are found -> error out
if #renderTargetNodes == 0 then
    error("No render targets in this project.")
end

I will look into how the current method works and see if I can fix the script.

I just realized that the frame counts start at zero (0). I changed my command to this…

~/graphics/OctaneRender_Studio_2020_2_linux/octane --no-gui --script ./cmdBatchRender.lua -a /archive/test -a EXRTONEMAPPED -a 0 -a 0 -a 1000 -a “Render target”

Now I’m getting this error…

[string “cmdBatchRender.lua”]:470: No render targets in this project. (line: 470)

This tells me that the script can not find the render target. I’m pretty sure that how to pull the render targets has changed over the years. The script might be using an old method that no longer works. Here is what the code is doing…

-- fetch all the render target nodes
local renderTargetNodes = gSettings.sceneGraph:findNodes(octane.NT_RENDERTARGET, true)
-- if no render targets are found -> error out
if #renderTargetNodes == 0 then
    error("No render targets in this project.")
end

I will look into how the current method works and see if I can fix the script.

I think I know what is wrong with your command line. You put the -a PATH\TO\MY\Scene.orbx before you specify the --script. I’m guessing you have a “Final” in your path? Octane is probably not able to parse the command line parameters like you have them. Move all of the -a parameters so that they are after --script {script name} and see if it works better.

I tried different solutions but anyway I couldn’t make it work… I moved my orbx scene to C:\ just for simplicity. I also changed the command line moving all the parameters after the --script command. This is the output I got:

Writing -a Render target
RenderTargetError1

Writing -a "Render target"

Without writing any command related to the render target it finally started but it was stuck…

By the way, I also tried to render without the script, following your example. It opened the user interface, it rendered a frame and then gave me an error about not managing to save the png file… I couldn’t make a screenshot since the command prompt closed very quickly.

alright i have no idea what im doing wrong I downloaded octane x for max both the server and the actual blender part installed them both loaded them up and while the blender works and the addon is installed and everything I cannot render nor see the render I get the imfamous no render-server at 120.00.01 and when I try and activiate it or press any of the octane settings buttons nothing happens no matter what I try the octane server doesnt seem to want to work it doesnt open a window or pop up of any kind.
I have a Macbook Air (M1, 2020) with the big sur 11.2.1 update
Apple M1:
Chipset Model: Apple M1
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
Total Number of Cores: 7
Vendor: Apple (0x106b)
Metal Family: Supported, Metal GPUFamily Apple 7
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
Resolution: 2560 x 1600 Retina
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Connection Type: Internal
someone please help this is getting frustrating

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on rendering times. I’ve noticed that when I go to render, the render viewer will be blank for about 30 seconds before the rendering begins. Is there a way of speeding that part up?

Do you have some heavy textures? Try to reduce their size

I am having the same “No Render-server at 127.0.0.1”
Please help!!!
It was working just fine !
I tried other projects and it sometimes renders it sometimes it doesn’t

did you ever solve the light inside a scatter medium bug? im getting it too

1 Like