Odd underground concept art scene

Hey everyone,

I’ve been hesitating a bit when the time came to show some of my work in concept art, because I’m rather new to Blender so I guess I’m on the lookout for some constructive criticism.

I switched to creating concept art in my free time so I’m posting my first productive result. I tried to make a slightly odd underground enviroment/confusing crime scene scenario.
Everything is set in Blender and rendered in Cycles with about a 100 samples. The wall and floor have a displacement map so I could achieve a bit more realistic lighting reflection. The graffiti, blood stain, cracks and dirt are layered later in Photoshop.

It’s not exactly polished, but I guess you have to start somewhere :slight_smile:

Thoughts, comments and critique are more than welcome :slight_smile:

Tweaked it a little bit more. Made another view render and added more decals overall. The biggest thing bothering me at that point was the checkered floor, where the tiles were just too big, so I made them much smaller now.

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Attachments

Its not a bad start but the overall scene looks a little flat in my opinion.

The scene seems too bright to warrant the two lamps on the floor. Maybe try to lower the overall ambient brightness of the scene so the two lamps on the floor have more of an effect, this may give a little more atmosphere. Also adding the decals post process detracts realism as you lose the lighting effects from the edge of tiles they are applied over.

Its not a bad start but the overall scene looks a little flat in my opinion.

The scene seems too bright to warrant the two lamps on the floor. Maybe try to lower the overall ambient brightness of the scene so the two lamps on the floor have more of an effect, this may give a little more atmosphere. Also adding the decals post process detracts realism as you lose the lighting effects from the edge of tiles they are applied over.

Thanks for the advice. The flatness bothers me a lot as well. I tryed overlaying the decals because of the lighting effects but it didn’t turn out as I thought it would…

Tried another view… I’ll add another one with a lower ambient brightness when it finishes rendering :slight_smile: