Offer of soundtrack work for free

Hey guys,

I am an undergrad student doing Music Technology at Edinburgh Uni in the UK. As part of my course we are allowed to do a free composition module. I really wanted to hand in either an animation/film soundtrack or a game soundtrack.

Does anyone here have an animation I could write a score for and hand in as part of my portfolio? This would be done completely as a noncommercial work and the finished video wouldn’t be used for anything other than my University submission.

I’d be really greatful if anyone could help out. I need an animation around 3 mins or longer, preferably something with a story arc (as opposed to say, demoes of 3D models moving etc). In my mind I picture something like Platige Image’s “Cathedral” but anything would be great.

Thanks for any help or input on this.
JT

Hi

I’ve spend the last few months animating my space epic - Captain Howell
I only do this in my lunch hour so I’ve still probably got 6 months work to do on it before episode one is completely ready

I’ve used some tracks from Soundsnap but I’m not very happy with them not really the feel I was looking for

I uploaded the first 2 minutes to youtube - I’ve set it as restricted viewing as Its not ready for release yet but you should be able to view it through this URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=AkR6OfgXx8A&sharing_token=1w_9XiLCGINt8KZv5K9HBA==

See what you think, if it interests you let me know

-Will