Office chair modeling problem :-)

Can somebody sugest me how to make the lags?
www.yevrey.com/refael/chair.jpg
It should look something like that
http://modular.fas.harvard.edu/pics/unfiled/office/chair.jpg

shouldn’t this be in general?

i don’t really know where you would like to begin so i can’t really help you - i suppose you could start with a sphere?! :wink:

Did you saw the link?
Did you saw what I done so far?

oh sorry mate! i didn’t see the link there just the huge reference!

umm add a sphere (uv) and warp certain faces out… i don’t know what else you can do! :wink:

To get the five legs, I would add a tube with 5 vertices and then extrude the faces along the normal. Do a bit of tapering of the ends with the scale tool and then I would select the end vertices and drag down on the z axis a little.

I don’t know if all that means a hell of a lot, but I hope some of it helps. :smiley:

Regards
Caleb

To get the five legs, I would add a tube with 5 vertices and then extrude the faces along the normal. Do a bit of tapering of the ends with the scale tool and then I would select the end vertices and drag down on the z axis a little.

I don’t know if all that means a hell of a lot, but I hope some of it helps. icon_biggrin.gif

Regards
Caleb

Wow!!!
Great, thanks :slight_smile:
Absoulutley wounderfull idea!!! :slight_smile:

read a few tuts! play around with blender a little cause if that was “wow” then i’d hate to see what you’de say about a real tutorial! :stuck_out_tongue:

yes that would work but to achieve the look you want i’d do like i said and make a sphere, delete the lower half, select five quads and extrude then scale along the x,y and the individually taper each leg. You could extrude the tips again and then subsurf the whole thing and it should turn out alright. Add some wheels and a seat stand and voila - your first office chair! i did one a while back using this technique and althoug it is pretty much a pain it works really nicely! :wink:

hope that "wow"s ya a bit! :wink:

Thank you ALL guys for replaying :slight_smile:
If you want to check out how it turned out to be, go here:
https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=272046#272046
I posted it in the “Finished Projects”.

Theres so many ways you can make those legs. You can create a longated cube then subsurf it. Then spin it up five times. You can create a 5 sided box and extrude out the faces then subsurf it